Excellent and daily workouts are a core aspect of the training of hockey players. The game which deals with movement of the player’s body and mobility of the hip and legs especially needs a bodily exercises and attention to perfect the mode of how the game is being played. This short writes up will tend towards how hockey players can increase their core strength through basic exercises.
Core exercise for hockey players should be in the dimension of resisting the movements they make during the course of playing. Though, the movement always seem like a backward movement but it helps to stabilise their bodies on during the playing moment on ice.
The essence of this article is to correct the notion of the majorities who do engage in poorly designed exercises that are not helping when it comes to good balancing which enables good positioning on the ice. Some of these unnecessary training includes sits-ups and the likes. Against the above notion, the exercises which hockey players needed includes; Anti-extension which means, the resisting an arch in the back and anti-rotation which means, the resisting a turning of the torso.
For anti-extension exercises, it is always easy to slip into a bad compensation thus; there is need for a careful attention in the aspect of keeping the core tight and the prevention of an increase in the back arch. The major reason for this exercise is for the rib to fall down for core stability in the maintenance of ribs to be in the neutral position for the spine.
Thus, the following tips will serve as guideline to hockey players in the area of hip mobility exercise and other extra works.
1. Consistent training: can help to intense the bland of the core body movement and response to any bodily movement
2. Training your core to move: as said earlier, there should always be a growing trend in core training to not train the core for movement. But as known, a good example of core movement is how a hockey player performs a slap shot. In order to perform a slap shot, a hockey player needs to have enough relayed to the extremities to create power, which is released from stick to puck to create velocity. The initial torque must be generated by the athlete from core power. Strength and stabilization in the back and shoulders is required for the torque to flow into dynamic power and, ultimately, velocity.
Some of the physical exercise that falls under the core exercise includes; One-legged squat, running sprints, and single leg deadlifts.
• One-legged Deadlifts: it is trite for hockey players to never exhaust training and exercise that will improve their playing skills because they tend to develop in course of them playing. These in a way happened to be great for strengthening the ‘’groin’’ which is a deadly hockey injury site.
• Dumbbell Bench Press: Majority of the hockey players do have terrible shoulder. Dumbbells give a great deal over the alleyway of the driving force so you are not as restricted in a close-end circle. This however ensures a steady movement in the wrists and shoulders.
• One legged squat: Squatting is peculiarly used in building the firmness of the leg in general just in core exercise and back. As known, hockey is a game with the chance of playing with one leg at a time, so the game ensures that you stand firmly on a leg for a particular period of acting motion just as the skating stride.
Apart from the exercises, it is also essential to delve into the highlight the weightlifting shoes which essentially help with the workouts of hockey players. Whether you are prepared foryour jump power cleans as a player or you are willing to have a blasting squat more comfortably as a hockey player, it is essential to always practice with the best weightlifting shoes which are in three categories but the more familiar of them are shoes made for Olympic engagement.
They also help in the flat-soled shoes that are recommendable for deadlifts and are useful for low-bar back squats just for the reason of it helping to balance the force of the lifter on ground, and help todiminish the sort of motional movementin deadlifts and improve the balance chances on the ice